Sunnyside Cottage is ideally located to explore what Macedon Ranges is best known for – historic stone buildings, glimpses of Mount Macedon at every corner, boutique cellar doors, fresh farm produce, exquisite gardens, and restaurants and cafes serving the best of local produce. We are also walking distance to Hanging Rock, which sits in the valley between the Macedon and Cobaw Ranges.
The Newham General Store is only a few minutes drive away where you can find a good coffee fix as well as a lovely breakfast or lunch. It’s a quaint little store specialising in home baked goods using local produce. It also carries essential grocery lines, newspapers and wines.
We are situated only 10 minutes from the townships of Woodend, Lancefield, Macedon, Mount Macedon and Romsey. And 20 minutes from Gisborne, New Gisborne, Trentham and Kyneton. These townships are packed full of interest – historical architecture, boutique shops, quality eateries, antiques, art galleries, open gardens, wineries and collectibles.
Only 50 kms drive north of Melbourne, along the Calder Freeway, and 40 minutes from Melbourne International Airport, at Tullamarine, we are your convenient break away.
Some ideas for your itinerary…
– Picnic at Hanging Rock which is a 20 minute walk from Sunnyside Cottage
– Visit the numerous local wineries (map available) and stock up on your collection
– Explore the Mount Macedon, including Camels Hump and the Memorial Cross,
for a spectacular views over Melbourne & the countryside
– Visit Kyneton’s famous Piper Street for the fine food, antiques and collectables
– Visit the Spa country at Daylesford, only a 35 minute drive away
– Visit the historic town of Castlemaine & Maldon, for Collectables
– Visit the local craft and farmers markets, there’s one on every weekend
– Discover the many walking track and trails in the area